John Chisum is a veteran Christian songwriter with over 400 of his compositions recorded and in print. With a career spanning four decades, John’s delightful calling is to download time-proven insights on songwriting that can set you up for the greatest songwriting years of your life.
In this solo episode, John shares three powerful ways that you can jump start your creativity and songwriting in this New Year. Part pastor, part coach, and part counselor, John exhorts you throughout this episode to get more engaged with your creativity and spiritual calling to make the most out of your time and songwriting.
Key insights shared in this episode are:
- Where creativity comes from
- Why getting quiet is the first practical step to writing powerful songs
- How to target your songs to hit a specific audience (and why this is essential)
- Why “writing for the masses” is a myth you should let go of now
- How to write with emotion to connect with real people
- How to take songwriting as seriously as your job to see exponential results
- Why a clear strategy for songwriting is your #1 priority to make 2023 all it can be
This episode is a must-listen for any aspiring writer who wants to make every day count. John doesn’t believe in tips, tricks, and hacks, but in a solid process for songwriting built on dedication and true creativity.
CONNECT WITH MUSIC CITY ACOUSTICS
For a special discount, make sure you mention “THE CHIZPOD” when you place your first order.
Website – https://www.musiccityacoustics.com/
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/musiccityacoustics/
CONNECT WITH NASHVILLE CHRISTIAN SONGWRITERS
Nashville Christian Songwriters – www.nashvillechristiansongwriters.com
Instagram – www.instagram.com/nashvillechristiansongwriters/
Twitter – twitter.com/NCSsongwriters
SUBSCRIBE TO THE SONG REVOLUTION PODCAST
If you liked this episode, don’t forget to subscribe and share this podcast!