Do you wonder how songs really get on records and the radio? Do you wonder what it’s like to co-write or to have your songs heard by successful artists and how the song process works? Want some amazing insights into what it takes to really be heard by top music industry publishers?
Chad Segura is VP of Publishing for Centricity Music in Franklin, Tennessee, and is one of the music industry’s most loved and respected figures, working with writers such as Seth Moseley, Benji Cowart, Jason Gray, and the roster of Centricity Music artists. In this episode, John Chisum sits down with Chad to talk about how song publishing happens, Chad’s musical influences, his journey to become a 20-year champion for songwriters, and the challenges of learning how to decipher the Southern dialect for a guy from the Northwest.
This fun and informative discussion also covers:
- Creation, stewardship, and monetization of songs
- Identifying talent and developing songs
- Co-writing and collaboration
- Radio singles versus album cuts
- Film, TV, Apple Music, and exploiting songs fully
- Chad’s philosophy of songwriting
- Encouragement that there’s no shortage of opportunity for songwriters