Aug 12, 2017
New Integrity Music artist Alisa Turner is no stranger to tragedy. She lost her worship leader Dad to a sudden heart attack when she was a 20-year old aspiring Nashville singer-songwriter, was bedridden for six years with Lyme Disease, and lost her infant son, London, 71 minutes after he was born. Yet, her heart looms large with love for God, worship, and others, and her laughter and smiles are truly infectious.
In this deeply personal episode, John Chisum and Alisa dig into how she has managed to stay not only positive, but outright effervescent in the face of such losses and offer to the world an endless sense of hope despite the pain. Her worship is deep and the solid biblical foundations of her life support the profound and powerful messages in her songs.
The Integrity Music Press Release says of Turner, “Worship artist Alisa Turner sings with passion and vulnerability. Her songs capture something almost mystical, yet deeply rooted in the hard stuff of the “now and not yet” grit of the everyday. It’s the lilt and innocence in her voice and the heartbreaking, but hopeful truth of her story. That story is inextricably woven throughout her self-titled EP (Integrity Music) in a tapestry of grief, suffering, hope and redemption for which there is only one appropriate response: unfettered, unfiltered worship.”
An independent artist for over a decade, Alisa’s debut self-titled album produced by Michael Farren is available now as pre-sale and for downloads August 25th. In this episode, John and Alisa enjoy a candid, warm, and often funny conversation as they talk about:
- Hot chocolate on hot days (she’s obviously a “choco-holic”)
- Co-writing with high level songwriters like Word Music writer Tony Wood (29 #1 songs and counting), James Galbraith, Jessica Campbell, and Michael Farren
- How authentic ministry comes from tremendous tragedy and loss and how to craft songs even in the sorrow
- What it’s like to be “discovered” as an independent artist and find herself signed to Integrity Music
- Insights into her songwriting process, melody writing, and co-writing (and why she always takes food to cowrites!)
- How she thinks about writing melodies to words on the page
- Why she’s excited about gearing up for her radio concert tour with Greg Sykes
- And more…
For more information on Alisa Turner, visit www.facebook.com/alisaturnermusic, or connect with her via Twitter @alisaturner, Instagram @alisaturnermusic. Turner’s music is also available at iTunes, Apple Music, Google Play and Spotify.