Sep 2, 2017
Many aspiring songwriters wonder why their songs aren’t having the impact they desire. Is this you? After all, you’ve felt the inspiration of the Holy Spirit to write down your thoughts, feelings, and passionate worship for God, but it just seems like no one’s paying attention and you’re left wondering how to step up your songwriting to capture the ears of a broader audience.
Here’s what you need to know: The effectiveness and impact of your song is directly correlated with the quality of your original idea and your ability to craft it into a compelling hook that sticks in the minds of listeners and worshipers.
In this episode of The Song Revolution Podcast, veteran worship songwriter and teacher, John Chisum, lays out important ways to increase the quality of your song ideas and how to develop those ideas into the most compelling hooks possible. This is how professional songwriters create lasting songs and even songs that become classics.
Learn how to increase the quality of your ideas and craft compelling hooks as John shares:
- How to dramatically increase your song power by deciding what you want to write about before you write
- Discover the “essence” of your idea through the power of song journaling
- Learn the four key elements to crafting powerful hooks
- Why songwriting is like target practice
- Keys to brainstorming hooks from your song ideas and how to refine them
- Why there’s room for only one idea in a song
- And more!
This is the second in a four-part podcast series. Upcoming episodes will cover:
Part 3 – Originality and How to Cultivate It Easily Into Your Songwriting
Part 4 – Letting Your “North Star” Hook Guide You Through the Songwriting Process
Be sure to join NCS MEMBERSHIP today at www.nashvillechristiansongwriters.com for the finest songwriter resources, coaching, inspiration and information!