Many aspiring songwriters wonder why their songs aren’t having the impact they desire. Is this you? After all, you’ve felt the inspiration of the Holy Spirit to write down your thoughts, feelings, and passionate worship for God. Why isn’t anyone listening and how can you step up to really fulfill your call to write impactful songs for Jesus?
In this episode of The Song Revolution Podcast, veteran worship songwriter and teacher, John Chisum, opens up the topic of originality, pointing you to one of the most essential elements a successful songwriter has, the ability to tap into a higher level of originality and creativity in their writing.
Learn how to increase listenership and song impact as John shares:
- Why you should “zig” when everyone else is “zagging”
- How cloning other successful artists and songwriters is the “kiss of death”
- How to celebrate your uniqueness and use it to build a successful songwriting career
- What Einstein and Steve Jobs had to say about creativity and how it can help you discover deeper creativity in your life and songwriting
- Where to find deeper creativity in your life and tap into it for better songwriting
- Discover new freshness in your songwriting
- The power of ruthlessly self-editing your lyrics
- How to scope your lyrics and power them up through originality
- Growing as a songwriter by investing in originality first
- And more!
This is the third in a four-part podcast series. The final episode will cover: Letting Your “North Star” Hook Guide You Through the Songwriting Process