Ten Keys to Effective Cowriting
Learn to cowrite like a pro...
- What to expect in cowriting appointments and how to behave at your best
- Exactly what you’ll need to do beforehand to be prepared
- What to take with you to a cowrite (and what to leave home)
- How to split percentages in copyright ownership with your cowriters
- The give and take of ideas and how to settle disagreements
- Why knowing your songwriting strengths makes each cowrite more powerful
In This MasterclassCollaboration is the norm in music creation and it is rare to see but one writer’s name on a song these days. It’s not uncommon to see as many as five names given credit on popular worship and radio songs, but how do they do it? If you’re unfamiliar with cowriting, it can feel frightening to think of sharing your ideas, words, and melodies with another writer and you may be intimidated by the very thought.But, as the Word says in Proverbs 27:17, “Iron sharpens iron,” and that is certainly true when you are co-laboring on a song.In this masterclass, music industry veteran John Chisum shares his top insights for becoming an effective co-writer so that you can combine your best songwriting abilities with those of others to gain an even more powerful outcome. Chisum has co-written hundreds of songs and has experienced the joy of seeing many of those songs impact the church globally.Now you can learn to become an effective cowriter through this NCS Members Masterclass with John Chisum.
NCS Monthly Masterclasses are available FREE to all NCS Members.
Live video links are emailed to members the morning of the masterclass. Become an NCS Member to gain immediate access to this and all previously recorded Masterclasses available at nashvillechristiansongwriters.com
Get Immediate Access For Only $14.99
Join NCS and become the songwriter you were born to be.