We’ve had so much response on Facebook posts about how to record your songs at home that we decided to record a special podcast to address that topic.
In this episode, John Chisum joins NCS/Song Revolution Podcast producer, songwriter, and all-around great guy, Bryant Urich, to dig into all things demo. Bryant is more than a podcast genius. He is an accomplished songwriter and music producer in his own right, joining forces with some of Nashville’s brightest and best to establish his own brand of music for film/television and the modern music marketplace.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- The difference between a “work tape” and a full-blown “demo”
- What you can expect to invest in done-for-you demos by Nashville musicians
- How John learned to edit on two-inch magnetic tape back in the Dark Ages of music recording
- Exactly what gear you need (including apps) to get started in your home recording
- What Nashville publishers and artists expect to hear on demos
- How different genres require different levels of expertise and investment to be heard
- And much more!
For more information visit www.nashvillechristiansongwriters.com and join the Successful Christian Songwriters Group on Facebook!