“One thing I always feared is what if this is the last song I ever write, or what if this is the last good idea I ever have, and that’s a lie from the enemy. You’re always going to write another song, and that’s how you should approach co-writes and rewrites and new versions of songs.” ~ Krissy Nordhoff
This week on The Song Revolution Podcast, John sat down with professional songwriter and worship leader, Krissy Nordhoff. Krissy is a writer for Integrity Music, a 3 time Dove Award Nominee, and writer of the dynamic worship song, Your Great Name. She has written songs for several artists including Natalie Grant, Mandisa, Aaron Shust, Darlene Zschech, Lauren Daigle, Anthony Evans, and Meredith Andrews. Krissy also has a mentorship program for women called Brave Worship. In the episode, Krissy shares about this program being birthed from her own desire to have a mentor to help her navigate the music industry and her personal life.
“There are several different purposes for songs. Sometimes we just see we want our songs to reach the whole entire world, but that might not be what the Lord has in mind. It might be a song to bless Him, or a song to bless you personally, or something you want to give as a gift.” ~ Krissy Nordhoff
[SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT] Are you a worship songwriter ready to go deeper in your calling and learn how to write worship songs the world would love to sing from the co-writer of the hit worship song, Your Great Name?
NCS is now partnering with Integrity Music songwriter Krissy Nordhoff to offer you a 20% discount for a limited time only on her new Worship Songwriter Mentorship Course!
You will learn:
- How to write worship songs for you and your congregation
- How to maximize your unique Worship Songwriting Personality
- How to co-write with confidence
- Ways to nurture and develop a true heart of worship
- Your own ways to shape powerful worship songs
- The art of giving and receiving helpful songwriting feedback
- The joy of connecting into a great community of worship songwriters
Krissy Nordhoff’s heart for God and for mentoring worshiping songwriters is captured in this incredible course and songwriting community, a heart that will be yours as you join her in the Worship Songwriting Mentorship Program.
This offer ends at midnight on October 10th, so use THIS LINK today to get started writing your best worship songs ever!
Check out this week’s podcast where John Chisum talks with Krissy about her songwriting journey, her deep desire to mentor younger women in worship and worship songwriting, and learn the story of the massively popular song Your Great Name.
“Our songs may be fighting battles that we never lay our eyes on until we get into heaven. Or we may have a song that trickles out and reaches a heart that we never knew and changes a life. We can never underestimate the power of song.”
Some topics we talk about in this episode:
- Introduction // Krissy Nordhoff – 0:36
- Krissy’s Story – 3:40
- The Progression of “Your Great Name” – 11:02
- Writing, Re-Writing and Revisions – 15:03
- The Song that Changed Krissy’s Life – 19:45
- Writer’s Personality Test – 24:48
- Mentoring and Songwriting – 32:30
- Advice to Beginning Songwriters – 37:38
- Maintaining Humility in the Midst of Success – 41:04
- Worship Writer Mentorship – 45:52
- The Rest of the Story: Your Great Name – 53:55
- Wrap Up – 30:00
How to get involved
- Join the Successful Christian Songwriters Group on Facebook and continue the discussion! https://www.facebook.com/groups/SuccessfulChristianSongwriters/
- Check out all of the resources for you to become the songwriter you were meant to be at www.nashvillechristiansongwriters.com
If you liked this episode, be sure to subscribe and leave a quick review on iTunes. It would mean the world to hear your feedback and we’d love for you to help us spread the word!