“Music reaches beyond the thinking of the mind and goes straight into the heart and soul level”
In this week’s episode, we’re continuing our series on “Writing HIt Hooks.” Today, we’re talking all about emotion. What does a specific song make you feel? If you’re like me, as soon as you hear a song you immediately go back to a memory or a time when you felt something similar. Songs have the power to speak deeply to us. We are emotional beings and the power of song goes much deeper than just a catchy beat or a smooth sound. Learning how to evoke emotion in your songwriting is the only way to write those hit hooks you’ve been trying to write.
“What kind of atmosphere am I creating for people as I present this song?”
Become a student of the songs you love. Start to identify the thoughts and feelings that a certain evokes in you. Once you identify these, work to replicate those in your songwriting. Nothing will connect someone to your song more deeply than emotion.
“Songwriting is about asking better questions”
There is so much going on at NCS and we want YOU to be a part! Don’t miss our NCS Weekend Intensive coming up this Summer in Nashville. This is a time where we go deep and share valuable insights from masters of the craft, as well as a very intimate environment for you learn what you need to take your songwriting to the next level. Spots are filling up fast! Don’t miss out on this amazing weekend.
“Without a GREAT idea, you’ll never have a GREAT song”
Some topics we talk about in this episode:
- Introduction – 1:20
- NCS Weekend Intensive – 4:30
- 5 Tips for Writing Hit Hooks – 8:45
- The Importance of Emotion and Feeling in Songs – 11:45
- Examples of Song Emotion – 16:45
- Using Emotion to Hook the Listener – 22:22
- Wrap Up – 27:05
How to get involved
- Join the Successful Christian Songwriters Group on Facebook and continue the discussion!https://www.facebook.com/groups/SuccessfulChristianSongwriters/
- Check out all of the resources for you to become the songwriter you were meant to be at www.nashvillechristiansongwriters.com
If you liked this episode, be sure to subscribe and leave a quick review on iTunes. It would mean the world to hear your feedback and we’d love for you to help us spread the word!