What’s it like to be young 20-somethings in hot pursuit of a Nashville record deal? What does it mean to hang out with some of the best new talent in the city and have open doors with top music producers and publishers?
Find out on this episode of The Song Revolution Podcast with up-and-coming duo Drake and Lucy-Jayne Lanier (Drakeford) as they talk candidly about doors that may, or may not, be opening for them in the music industry and how they’re building a music career one coffee shop at a time.
Along with performing three originals on the show, John Chisum interviews this beautiful and talented young couple to give you insight on:
- What people don’t want to hear when you’re singing on the street
- Writing songs true to yourself
- How fast-paced lyrics capture attention and hold it
- Living out the faith of a full-time music life
- The spiritual power of music
- Life without a booking agent
- Their unique process in hopes of communicating in fresh, relevant ways
- Why authenticity is key to their ministry and songwriting
- How evangelism and relationships are key to knowing Jesus and communicating His love in this culture
- Communicating with “non-Christian” audiences in bars, schools, universities, and other venues
- What it means to build a music ministry from scratch
- How to know when to drop a song from your set
- Competing on the commercial side of things and the process required to grow from amateurs to professionals
- The value of co-writing, mentorship, and receiving critique to improve your perspective and reach more people with your music
Connect with Drakeford on FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/drakeford.john.1 and on Instagram at @drakeford_music, on Twitter at @Drakeford_ , on Spotify here and on their website at drakefordmusic.com.
Songs included in this podcast are “Stronger Than One,”Never Leave or Forsake Us,” “Chattanooga,” and “Ruins” Words and Music by Drakeford & Lucy-Jayne Lanier. © Copyright by Drake and Lucy-Jayne Lanier. All Rights Reserved.